Why was My Account Blocked on Discord?
If your Discord account has been blocked for several reasons – such as suspicious activity detected within it, Discord being down/having an outage, using VPN or proxy server access, etc – there could be many explanations why.
But in general if the message “Sorry, You Have Been Blocked” displays on Discord it could mean anything from being detected using VPN/proxy servers through to suspicious activity detected and even being reported for that activity being illegal! But in either of those scenarios “Sorry, You Have Been Blocked” it could mean one or several reasons that could involve one or all.
Suspicious activity was detected in your account, such as login attempts from multiple devices simultaneously or the use of VPN/proxy servers, or it appears Discord is currently experiencing an outage which will likely be fixed quickly on their end.
Discord has blocked these services because they can be used to mask one’s identity and make it harder to track down criminals.
If you need assistance in pinpointing why your account was blocked, reach out to Discord support for assistance.
They will be able to give more specific reasons as to why and explain exactly how to unblock it. Here are a few steps that may help solve the problem:
Try connecting to a free VPN server or using Discord’s browser/app version; remove unwanted Chrome extensions; reach out for help from Discord support, if none of this works then uninstall and reinstall Discord on your PC before waiting a few minutes or hours until servers return online.
How can I prevent my account from being blocked on Discord?
To prevent your Discord account from being blocked, take these steps:
Be mindful of Discord’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Any violations could lead to your account being banned – some activities you should avoid doing are:
- Assaulting other members with hate speech or racism.
- Spamming other users on the platform. Committing fraud. Furthermore, parental controls in Discord can protect your account by keeping unauthorized users away. This prevents them from accessing it directly.
- Use a VPN service or remove any unnecessary Chrome extensions to block unwelcome users from seeing your profile, and don’t hesitate to contact Discord support if any additional assistance is required.
How can I enable parental controls in Discord?
To enable parental controls in Discord, follow these steps.
- Launch Discord and click the gear icon in the lower-left corner.
- Select Privacy & Safety from the drop-down menu and check “Keep Me Safe,” this will prevent children from viewing explicit material in servers and direct messages.
- Turn off Server Privacy Defaults in order to approve servers that your child joins manually, and select all options under Who Can Add You As A Friend in order to prevent strangers from adding your child as friends.
- Turn On Two-Factor Authentication to your child’s account. Doing this will add an extra layer of security that can protect their online safety by limiting exposure to inappropriate content and keeping strangers at bay.
How can I report someone for violating Discord’s guidelines?
If someone on Discord violates our guidelines, report them: Assume you’ve opened their profile.
- Click the three-dot icon at the top right of their picture, and select “Report.”
- Fill out the form, providing as much detail about the violation as possible, and click “Submit.”
Discord’s Trust & Safety team will review your report and take appropriate actions – such as suspending or banning them – depending on its findings. For best results when reporting users: Here are some tips for reporting someone:
Be specific in describing what their actions entail and provide screenshots as evidence whenever possible.
Do not include personal information about the user in your report. Report any new violations you observe by them.
Can I block specific users from messaging me in Discord?
Yes, you can block certain users from messaging you in Discord. Here are the steps for doing so: To open their profile click their name (right-click and choose their profile name); Click three dots in the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu choose “Block”.
- By doing this, users will not be able to send direct messages or friend requests directly.
- Adjust your privacy settings to block users on each server by making adjustments to your privacy settings.
To do this, click on the server name and choose “Privacy & Safety” from the left-hand menu. Under “Safe Direct Messaging,” like “Keep me Safe,” scan all direct messages for explicit content and block it if detected.
Report users who are harassing you or violating Discord’s terms of service by right-clicking their name and selecting “Report User.” Once this process is completed, provide details regarding harassment or violation and Discord will investigate and take necessary actions against such users.